With this in mind, here are the company’s top five (+ two bonus) marketing tips to generate market awareness and local sales, given by Tim McLain, Marketing Manager during a free educational webinar:
1. Embrace social media. Set up Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ business profiles. This month. Then link to them from your website, your ads, your email. Use short URLs to help customers connect.
2. Communicate, socialize, and converse with your customers through your social media channels. Resist the urge to sell to them. Don’t outsource your content generation. Be authentic!
3. Set aside 30 minutes each week to take on the role of “thought leader” online. Your time investment will pay off in increased website traffic, increased visibility for your business and your its brands, and ultimately lead to more sales.
4. Follow through, be consistent with your online efforts, and watch the sales opportunities flow throughout the year.
5. Move more marketing budget into online tactics. That means you need a solid website, which gets its traffic from a custom online search (Google AdWords) and display (Digital Co-Op) advertising campaign. Your customers are online. You must be found when they search for you.
BONUS TACTICS: Freshness (make sure your site/content is marked 2012, update often) and Frequency (update content more often this year, go for 1-4 blog posts per month, add new products, etc.)
For more information about Netsertive and its online marketing solutions, visit http://www.netsertive.com or call 1-800-940-4351.
A solid website and professionally managed online ad campaign work together to get more clicks to your website, and more foot traffic in you local business.
About Netsertive: Based in the Research Triangle Park near Raleigh, North Carolina, Netsertive (www.netsertive.com) helps small- and medium-sized businesses and their product manufacturers attract consumers and increase sales through its patent-pending online marketing technology. The company, backed by prominent venture capital firms RRE Ventures and Greycroft Partners, helps clients transform online discovery into offline sales with its proprietary, data-driven approach to online search and display advertising. Its patent-pending, high-performance “Learning Engine” technology and digital co-op advertising platform ensure that clients acquire the largest number of qualified website visitors for a given advertising budget, using vertical industry data analysis and automated campaign improvements. Netsertive serves a wide range of local businesses in North America and manufacturers who leverage local dealer networks for sales distribution.